Sunday, March 29, 2020


Day 3 Saturday
I am grateful for the selection of seeds I could choose from to sow. I would've chosen more besides the cauliflower, spring onions and radish but there were a billion wasps out there today and I didn't want to be with them.
 There are four cats outside, their mother was a stray and they were born under the house. We didn't know for weeks that they even existed.  Of course they get into the garden and make a nuisance of themselves. I needed to set up areas where the seeds would be safe. The 2 fabric cloches don't do a very good job of protecting anything- every morning they're  flat and an outside cat is sitting on them!  There's so much junk around outside that I'd love to get rid of but it all came in handy. I used an ex trundler from under Ema's old bed -  it's been sitting outside for years. I put a mish mash of wire netting, bricks, wood and other junk around the outside to stop the cats from getting underneath. Its not a beautiful thing by any means but it's got itself a job.

Today I connected with my brother. My first time ever using video chat - I think that was what Ema said it was. Well I had called it something else.  I was standing in the shade outside her bedroom window and Ema could hear my brother and I talking and she would tell me what he was saying. Our wifi connection has been terrible the last month or so. My sister says it's the government and 5G. The towers are going up while the Covid has us all inside.

'I reckon we've been lied to. What govt in their right mind would cripple an economy for a virus no one's died from. I reckon  they're putting up 5g towers and then when it goes live it'll be interesting how many people start getting sick in Auckland'

Talking with my brother was pretty cool even if he was smoking in 'my face' and drinking beer - I  asked him if it was Corona.  Gawd, I hate that word. 

My brother, his wife, his garden fence and his dog were mostly abstract art. Pixels, smudged in all directions. How do you lipread that?


What expectations of normal am I letting go of today?

I live rural with a dilapidated shed/home out the kitchen window and over the other side of the privet hedge, a bank far too steep to be very productive unless you have nimble cows, an old semi abandoned rugby field across the road that was once a hill many years ago and a mess of privet trees and wandering jew faces my bedroom window.  I don't drive and my main job is next door. Nothing has changed yet. Tai is still working, food is essential even though I don't eat the food he essentialates with - I  just made myself laugh! Essentialates is not a fricking word friends.

Getting outside isn't a problem. I'm a gardener! I need my fix of the millions of bacteria in the dirt/soil/earth! I actually packed my red Warehouse bag, grabbed the hoe and started walking down the back bank. I ventured only so far before I was forced back because of the wasps. I noticed too that the boys from next door were walking around outside, usually I don't see them unless I'm right up at the fence,  and thought I'd better not go next door after all. I shouldn't even be thinking of it should I? Stay in my bubble and kill Rona!

I would love to check the figs though.

How am I moving my body today? Swinging around on Ema's computer chair while waiting for the internet to connect so I can watch the rest of Justine on Netflix :D

Beauty? My vege patch. Creating amazing scrapbooking layouts- in my head! 

No comments: