Thursday, May 17, 2012

Stars in their Eyes with Scrappin' Patch!

Scrappin' Patch has another comp going. It's similar to the television program but you're scrapping (obviously) another scrappers style rather than singing :D

That bit of Mojo hiding under the dust bunny the other day snuck back there and I didn't think I was going to submit an entry this week but it (she?) popped out for a few minutes on the final day and I gleefully grabbed her!

For the first week we were to use Jenny Evan's style and this is my result. I would've liked to do something with black matting as to me that is Jenny's signature but as there's only one sheet left  in my stash until I dunno when, I didn't want to use it up so soon in the competition. I've used brown instead with one of  Basic Greys kits that I've had a while.

This is a much better photo than the one I loaded to Scrappin' Patch's Gallery which was taken at night 30mins before the deadline. Yep, leave it to the last minute Me and that dang mojo :P



This week our Star is Missy Whidden. It sure looks like lot's of fun! I just need to go practise some paint flinging  - a lot. I'm not too hot on that technique. 

CUL8r :D 



4 comments:

topkatnz said...

Great layout! Yes, have to say, I used up 3 sheets of black to do all my matting!phew! Look forward to seeing your take on Missy Whidden:)

Francine said...

Lainie - I love this layout - everything about it! Em looks especially gorgeous in the photo(s). How is your paint flinging going? Looking forward to seeing the results.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love the photo and all the matting. Beautiful work!

Becky said...

Love the soft colors and the fussy cutting you did! What happy pictures! Another beauty...boy are you on a roll or what?