Sunday, June 22, 2008

So You Think U Can Scrap!

A 7 week Comp happening at Scrapbook Studio. I had read abt it in a previous newsletter but didn't think abt it too much. Then we received another - that as long as you had a layout emailed to Lianne before the deadline date you would be in!
And I so love challenges!!!

#1 Use Meeks style in a layout. Your layout must include these: penwork, handwritten journaling, a mix of pattern paper, scallops, stars or hearts
buttons or brads, 4x6 photos showing candid everyday life shots bright happy colour scheme,
stickers


The blue background Bazzil cardstock is actually a happy blue! It looks a bit grey here...something like the weather outside all this weekend. Perfect weather for scrapping!


This wasn't my original layout. The background was white and it was 'framed'! I had doodled more, the scallops were cut from different paper BUT a big yucky smudge appeared on the title and WOULD NOT BE REMOVED :( The photo and circles were easily lifted and adhered to the blue background but only 'cos I didn't have anymore white cs and really I just wanted to be 'in', it was getting late....and guess what, holey cow - I earned a point. Whoa! Talk abt bowled over!!!


I love Meeks stlye and I love to doodle dots and little curly whirls but I hestitated a whole lot before putting pen to paper for this one.


So what did I learn from using Meeks style?
Hand cutting scallops is cool!
Relax with the pen!


CatchU L8r








No comments: